The Mayor of the County of Cork, Cllr. John Paul O’Shea this week hosted a Mayoral Reception in County Hallfor some of Cork’s highest achievers. The evening was an acknowledgement of the outstanding dedication exhibited by Cork people in their individual and team pursuits.
The Mayor thanked all recipients for their great commitment, diligence and wholehearted effort in achieving great successes in their endeavours. “As Mayor of our great County I am lucky to regularly witness the people of Cork punch far above their weight both here in Ireland and on the international stage. Your achievements are a credit to yourselves, your families and your coaches. I am privileged to be in a position as Mayor to honour you here tonight on behalf of myself and the members and staff of Cork County Council. Each and every one of you should be immensely proud of your achievements”.
The presentation of awards was followed by a reception in the foyer at County Hall.
Among those to be honoured were;
- Elizabeth Maddox, Castlemartyr, Co Cork, Cork; Carer of the Year 2015.
- Donagh O’Sullivan, Glengarriff, Co. Cork; Irelands Young Carer of the Year 2015.
- Cork Ladies Football Team; All Ireland Senior Ladies Football Champions
- Cork Ladies Camogie Team; All Ireland Senior Ladies Camogie Champions
- Adam O’Flynn, Midleton, Co. Cork: Junior European & World Martial Arts Champion.
- Cian O’Driscoll, Mallow, Co. Cork; Gold & Silver winner in the USA National Junior 4 Wall Championship.
- Robert Splaine, Belgooly, Co. Cork; Current Chef d’Equipe of the Irish Showjumping Team.
- Sean Radley, Millstreet, Co. Cork; Recent inductee of Irish Broadcasting Hall of Fame.