Funding doubled for Cork County compare to 2018 – Macroom Bypass to Proceed to Construction
North Cork Fine Gael Councillor John Paul O’Shea this week warmly welcomed the 2019 allocation of funding for National Roads in Cork County. In total, €36,65,812 has been allocated to advance Cork’s National Road network during 2019 which represents a 100% increase in funding compare to 2018.
Some of the main projects to be funded during 2019 throughout North Cork are as follows:
- N22 Ballyvourney to Macroom – €15,000,000
- M20 Cork to Limerick Motorway – €2,150,000
- N72/73 Mallow Relief Road – €300,000
- N73 Annakisha South Improvement Scheme – €250,000
- N73 Clogher Cross to Waterdyke Realignment Scheme – €250,000
- N20 Mallow Southern Approach Pavement Inlay/Overlay – €980,000
- N72 Annabella to Lacknamona Pavement Strengthening (Design) – €500,000
- N72 Grange East and West Pavement Strengthening – €1,500,000
Funding for Local & Regional Roads are to be announced over the coming weeks by the Department of Transport.
Cllr. O’Shea concluded by saying “I am looking forward to seeing progress on Cork’s National Road network during 2019 and for this funding being of benefit to our road users throughout North Cork”.