Over €100,000 was allocated to communities across the Mallow Area this week as part of Cork County Council’s Community Fund. The fund, which totals over €1m for the entire county was established to support community and voluntary groups who wish to undertake development projects in their respective villages and towns.
Welcoming the allocations, Cllr. John Paul O’ Shea (Ind) said “The commitment of Cork County Council to allocate €100,000 to these deserving projects is indeed a very welcome announcement for community groups within the Mallow area. This funding will undoubtedly benefit the many community and voluntary organisations who have worked extremely hard in recent months planning for such developments in their respective communities and I look forward to seeing the fruits of their labour becoming a reality during the summer months”.
The communities and organisations to benefit from this funding are as follows:
- CDYS (Cloyne Diocesan Youth Services) Mallow – €15,000
- Shanballymore Community Development Association – €15,000
- Glantane Community Council – €15,000
- Le Cheile Family Resource Centre – €5,000
- Buttevant Community Council – €10,000
- Lombardstown Community Council – €10,000
- Castletownroche Tidy Towns Committee – €10,000
- Tunnelvision Project (Partnership between Cope Foundation, Irish wheelchair Association & Norwood Day Centre) – €5,000
- Twopothouse Development Association – €5,000
- Castlemagner Community Centre Committee – €10,000