Over €160,000 was allocated to communities across the Kanturk and Mallow area this week as part of Cork County Council’s Community Fund. The fund, which totals over €1m for the entire county was established to support community and voluntary groups who wish to undertake development projects in their respective villages and towns.
Welcoming the allocations, Cllr. John Paul O’ Shea (Ind) said “The commitment of Cork County Council to allocate €160,000 to these deserving projects is indeed a very welcome announcement for community groups within the Kanturk and Mallow areas. This funding will undoubtedly benefit the many community and voluntary organisations who have worked extremely hard in recent months planning for such developments in their respective communities and I look forward to seeing the fruits of their labour becoming a reality during the coming months”.
The communities and organisations to benefit from this funding are as follows:
· Banteer Community Sportsfield = €8,000
· Bweeng Community Hall & Grounds Committee – €14,000
· Castletownroche Community Centre – €20,000
· Churchtown Development Association – €16,000
· Dromahane Amenity Lands – €8,000
· Hazelwood Tennis Court Association – €17,000
· Kanturk Rugby Club – €9,500
· Kilshannig Community Hall – €25,000
· Millstreet Tidy Towns & Tourism Association – €37,500
· Newmarket Community Development Association – €8,000