Cork County Council’s Planning Department has this week launched an App which will assist the public with searching for information on the vast array of planning applications and associated documents from the comfort of their own home or on the move!
The App, which is called “Planning Viewer Cork” can be downloaded for FREE on the Google PLAY and App Store.
The App allows the user access to the Cork County Council planning application database where you can view up to date information regarding planning applications lodged in Cork. You can also access documents and drawings submitted with applications and also view the site with Google map.
Key features of the App include:
• Contains summary details of planning applications lodged with Cork County Council (1991 – present) and the former Town Councils (1993 – June 2014), including applicant name, development description and decision details
• Access drawings and documents on all applications received on or after 5 September 2011*
• View decision details
• Read reports once the decision has issued
• Search the database to find applications of interest to you, multiple search criteria available
• View the planning site via Google Maps and Google Streetview
• Details updated continuously
• Decision details
• Zoom in on drawings
• Essential tool for anyone involved in submitting planning applications
Chairman of the Kanturk/Mallow Municipal District of Cork County Council, Cllr. John Paul O’ Shea (Ind) welcomed the launch of the App stating “Planning is an integral part of the work Cork County Council does on a daily basis and I believe we need to move with the fast moving technology that is available to us today and offering this service. By having this App available to the general public re-assures us as a County that the planning process is transparent and available for all of us to view on what applications are on hand and what decisions have been made in respect to these applications. I want to thank all the staff involved in getting the App operational and I hope it is a success for all”.
*NOTE: – Larger documents, e.g., Environmental Impact Statements, etc. are not suitable for viewing via this application. It is advised to use the online Planning Enquiry System on www.corkcoco.ie or visit the Planning Office in Co Hall in person to view these documents.