- Do you have elderly or vulnerable people in your community who may succumb to fire in their homes?
- Are there escape routes adequately protected by smoke alarms which will provide them with that extra time to escape and raise the alarm?
- Are they aware of how to reduce their exposure to domestic fire?
- Would you or members of your group assist in the installation of smoke alarms in liaison with local fire officers?
Cork County Council Fire Department, in conjunction with the National Directorate for Fire and Emergency Management (NDFEM), will provide community groups (registered with the Cork County PPN) with 10 year battery operated smoke alarms for distribution and installation within elderly and vulnerable resident’s dwellings.
The scheme is quite simple, here’s what to do next:
· Complete the application form – available by e-mailing email@example.com or by contacting Cllr. O’ Shea
· Completed forms can then be scanned and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
· Your email subject should be Smoke Alarm Scheme 2018 and please address your emails to Kieran O’ Donovan – Snr. Exec Fire Officer.
Or alternatively you may post your application form to your Divisional Fire Dept. HQ.:
North Cork: Mallow Fire HQ, Limerick Road, Lackanalooha, Mallow, Co. Cork
South Cork: Cork County Fire HQ, County Hall Campus, Cork County Council, Carrigrohane Road, Cork
East Cork: Midleton Fire Station, Market Green, Midleton Co.Cork
West Cork: Bantry Fire Station, Wolfe Tone Square, Bantry, Co. Cork
Following assessment of applications by the Senior Fire Officer, the Fire Dept. will then reply to the contact named on the form to arrange the installation of the smoke alarm.
Simple to read Fire Safety in the Home Leaflets and installation details will also be provided.
To facilitate the installation of the smoke alarms Cork County Fire Dept suggest that interested groups nominate a contact who will liaise with the Fire Dept. on behalf of the vulnerable people in their community. Please note that the scheme is set up to work so that forms are submitted together as a local group and not individually. This will assist the Fire Dept. in further distribution.
The target of this scheme is elderly and vulnerable residents in your area and Cork County Fire Dept appeal to applicants to understand and respect the ethos of this project.
Should individual PPN groups want to make contact with one of the Senior Divisional Fire Officers for further information please select a group liaison person and use the following email email@example.com