Cork County Council will undertake surface dressing works (tar and chip) on the following roads over the next two weeks:
- Bweeng to Nadd (French’s Road)
- Bweeng Grotto to Blarney Electoral Boundary (Sexton’s)
- Glantane to Lackendarra (Above Church)
- Lombardstown Cross to Railway Gates
- Pendy’s Cross to Mourneabbey Creamery
- Carrigduff, Mourneabbey
- Newberry Cross to Longfield’s Bridge
- Greenhill to Burnfort
- Tooreen South
- Ballygarrett (Mallow to Killavullen road)
- Mountnorth Cross to Copstown Cross
- Ballymague to Hazeltree Inn
- Twopothouse Cross to Hazeltree Inn
- Castletownroche to Garranchole
- Castletownroche to Skenakilla
The surface dressing works will ensure the above roads will be enhanced greatly and will undoubtedly benefit all those who travel these roads on a daily basis.
Welcoming the news, Cllr. O’ Shea said “This is the first phase of Cork County Council’s surface dressing programme for the Mallow Area during 2012. I know this programme will come as a great relief to all who travel on these roads on a daily basis as these roads will now be greatly enhanced by these works”.
Cllr. O’ Shea added “Assisting people in improving and enhancing their local roads is, and continues to be, one of my top priorities as a public representative in North Cork. Since I was elected, I have lobbied strongly on behalf of my constituents on a continuous basis to ensure Cork County Council receives sufficient funding to ensure people can enjoy good quality road infrastructure”.