The Heritage Council has recently announced its Community Heritage Grant offers for 2018 and the County of Cork has fared well.
Projects successful under the scheme in Cork County this year are wide ranging, covering many aspects of heritage. These include:
· Buttevant Heritage Group – €3,500 – Creation of interactive website
· Ballyhoura Development – €7,600 – Promoting knowledge of bats in the area
· Fermoy Forum – €6,000 – Memory Bank project
· BirdWatch Ireland – €5000 – Conservation management plan in respect of Kilcolman Nature Reserve
· Life FM – €2,000 – Radio documentary on Remarkable Women to be aired during Heritage Week
· Killeagh Inch Historical Group – €1,990 – Erection of historical information signage within the village
· Ellen Hutchins Festival (West Cork) – €3,000 – Increasing awareness of lichens
· Bere Island Projects Group – €1,400 – Commemorate the 80th anniversary of the Handover of the Treaty Port to the Irish Government.
North Cork Fine Gael Councillor John Paul O’ Shea said “It is very positive to have seen a variety of applications in the County of Cork approved. Buttevant Heritage Group is an extremely active and hard working group and their new website will help them attract more Heritage visitors to the North Cork Town. I want to wish every success to each project who received funding and I look forward to seeing these projects come to fruition over the coming months”.