Cork County Council this week outlined a comprehensive programme to upgrade local and regional roads in the new Kanturk/Mallow Municipal District during 2015.
The programme which was approved at the recent Kanturk/Mallow Municipal District Meeting represents an injection of almost €2m in new road infrastructure for the area.
Chairman of the Kanturk/Mallow Municipal District and Local Independent Cllr. John Paul O’ Shea welcomed the programme stating “24 roads will be significantly improved this year as a result of this funding. We have had to make tough choices in this year’s programme with many roads in poor and debilitating conditions but I am happy we have put the worse roads on this year’s list”.
The local and regional roads that have been included for full restoration works this year are as follows:
· Newberry to Glantane
· Lacka (Dan Dunne’s) Bridge to Cregane, Lombardstown
· Monaparson, Mourneabbey
· Monee to Ballinvoskig
· Greenhill to Monee
· Carrigcleena More, Bweeng
· Inches to County Bounds
· Knockatooan, Rockchapel
· Meentinny East, Rockchapel
· Horgans Cross to Keel Cross, Kiskeam
· Copsfield, Lismire (Stanner Glen)
· Gardeen, Lismire (from speed limit)
· Taurmore, Newmarket
· Loumanagh to Doon Bridge
· Walsh’s Cross, Freemount
· Ballagh, Freemount
· Lyragh (county bounds) to Coom Bridge
· Beecher Street, Mallow (Sections)
· Fair St., Mallow (Sections)
· Lacknalooha, Mallow (Sections)
· New Road, Mallow (Sections)
· St. Joseph’s Road, Mallow (Sections)
· Mill Street, Mallow (Sections)
· Old Cork Road, Mallow (Sections)
Cllr. O’ Shea added “I know this will come as a great relief to all who travel these roads on a daily basis as these roads will now be greatly enhanced by these restoration works. Works have already commenced on some roads ensuring the appropriate drainage is in place with full re-strengthening works being completed before the end of this summer”.