The April meeting of the Mallow Area Committee will take place on Wednesday 11th April 2012 in the County Council Offices at Annabella, Mallow.
These meetings are held once a month, where the five councillors representing the Mallow Electoral Area and the Mayors of Mallow Town meet with the engineers that cover the Mallow Area.
Councillors are entitled to submit a maximum of six motions in advance of the meeting on issues relating to services such as road maintenance, water services, waste water services, housing etc. The engineers normally have a written response to present at the meeting which is then discussed.
My motions for the meeting are as follows:
- “That the Mallow Area Office assist communities to dispose of bags of litter collected as part of the National Spring Clean Month which runs from 1st – 30th April 2012”.
- “That Cork County Council erect new signage outlining the village of Lombardstown as old signage is dilapidated and illegible”.
- “That Cork County Council places a gully cover on the exposed gully outside the Healy household, Tullera Cross, Glantane”.
- “That Cork County Council repair the road at Tullera Cross which has been damaged fro heavy traffic turning at this junction”.
- “That Cork County Council fill potholes in the roadway of Newberry Green/Grove Housing Estate, Dromahane”.
- “That Cork County Council repair the wall of the bridge at Longfields, Newberry”.