The February meeting of the Mallow Area Committee was on last Tuesday (14th February 2012) in the County Council Offices at Annabella, Mallow.
These meetings are held once a month, where the five councillors representing the Mallow Electoral Area and the Mayors of Mallow Town meet with the engineers that cover the Mallow Area.
Councillors are entitled to submit a maximum of six motions in advance of the meeting on issues relating to services such as road maintenance, water services, waste water services, housing etc. The engineers normally have a written response to present at the meeting which is then discussed.
My motions for the meeting were as follows:
- “That Cork County Council repair section the section of road from Healy to the Dorgan households and open and widen inlets where necessary on the L-1218-0 road at Burnfort, Mallow”.
- “That Cork County Council repair and list for future upgrading the link road serving the L-1218-0 and L-1218-1 roads at Island, Burnfort. This road is currently in an appaling condition of which the majority of residents living on it are elderly”.
- “That Cork County Council open and widen inlets on the L- 12212-0 road”.
- “That Cork County Council follow on from the recent pothole filling on the roads around Lackendarra and Shanavoher, which has improved them greatly and ensure the opening and widening of inlets on these roads would take place in the coming weeks”.
- “That Cork County Council review the regional signposting which has recently been erected in the Nadd area”.
- “That Cork County Council fill potholes and opena nd widen inlets on the L-1219-109 road” at Kilavullen.