The March meeting of the Mallow Area Committee will take place on Tuesday 13th March 2012 in the County Council Offices at Annabella, Mallow.
These meetings are held once a month, where the five councillors representing the Mallow Electoral Area and the Mayors of Mallow Town meet with the engineers that cover the Mallow Area.
Councillors are entitled to submit a maximum of six motions in advance of the meeting on issues relating to services such as road maintenance, water services, waste water services, housing etc. The engineers normally have a written response to present at the meeting which is then discussed.
My motions for the meeting are as follows:
- “That Cork County Council repair the L-1212-17 (Thullery Cross to Dromahane) road and in particular the bad pothole outside Cogan’s household, Aldworth”.
- “That Cork County Council repair and list for future upgrading the L-1210-0 (Glantane to Newberry Railway Gates) road.
- “That Cork County Council repair the L- 5354-0 (Drompeash) road and in particular by the Twohig household where the road has been torn up by surface water”.
- “That Cork County Council repair the road alongside bridge on the L-5387-0 road (Greenhill, Burnfort) which is extremely dangerous”.
- “That Cork County Council repair and list for future upgrading the L-5364-25 road (small link road from O’ Briens, Dromore, Dromahane to Mourneabbey Creamery)”.
- “That Cork County Council open & widen inlets on the L-5545-20 road (Brough Cross to Ballyshane, Doneraile)”.