The next meeting of the Mallow Area Committee is on next Tuesday (10th January 2012) in the County Council Offices at Annabella, Mallow.
These meetings are held once a month, where the five councillors representing the Mallow Electoral Area and the Mayors of Mallow Town meet with the engineers that cover the Mallow Area.
Councillors are entitled to submit a maximum of six motions in advance of the meeting on issues relating to services such as road maintenance, water services, waste water services, housing etc. The engineers normally have a written response to present at the meeting which is then discussed.
My motions for the meeting next Tuesday are:
- “That Cork County Council repair and point Lombardstown bridge and also remove tree which is growing in the middle of the bridge on western side”.
- “That Cork County Council open and widen inlets and fill dangerous pothole from Horgan’s Cross to the Gortroe Inn, Lombardstown and put a long term plan in place to rise a section of the road here where ponding continuously occurs”.
- “That Cork County Council repair and list for future upgrading the section of the L-1201-0 road on the eastern side at Carrigane, Lombardstown”.
- “That Cork County Council open and widen inlets on the L- 5354-0 (Laharn to Drompeach) road”.
- “That Cork County Council open and widen inlets on L- 5346-0 (Laharn to Bogaheen) road”.
- “That Cork County Council repair/replace two surface water drains on the L-5336-0 road between the Archdeacon and Deady households which have been damaged/blocked over the years”.