The December meeting of the Mallow Area Roads Committee of Cork County Council will take place on Tuesday 11th December 2012 in the County Council Offices at Annabella, Mallow.
These meetings are held once a month, where the five councillors representing the Mallow Electoral Area and the Mayor of Mallow Town meet with the engineers that cover the Mallow Area Roads.
Councillors are entitled to submit a maximum of six motions in advance of the meeting on issues relating to roads and road maintenance. The engineers normally have a written response to present at the meeting which is then discussed.
My motions for the December meeting are as follows:
- “That Cork County Council undertake a survey of traffic activity through Dromahane village and report to members taking into consideration the following concerns of local residents:
- Traffic calming measures through village, particularly on the R619
- Consideration of placing a pedestrian crossing in the vicinity of Dromahane Cross
- Update on putting a footpath in place across from Dromahane National School to link with footpath outside church”.
- “That Cork County Council repair the road and open inlets in the vicinity of the Grotto, Nadd”.
- “That Cork County Council would investigate and rectify the influx of water exiting onto the public road from lands adjacent to Bweeng National School”
- “That Cork County Council undertakes road repairs and drainage works on the sectrion of road in Highfield Drive, Buttevant which has been in poor condition for sometime”.
- “That Cork County Council undertakes road repairs and drainage works on the L 5351-0 road at Lackendarragh, Glantane”.
- “That Cork County Council update members on request for traffic calming measures and a pedestrian crossing in the vicinity of Killavullen National School”.