The October meeting of the Mallow Area Roads Committee of Cork County Council will take place on Tuesday 9th October 2012 in the County Council Offices at Annabella, Mallow.
These meetings are held once a month, where the five councillors representing the Mallow Electoral Area and the Mayor of Mallow Town meet with the engineers that cover the Mallow Area Roads.
Councillors are entitled to submit a maximum of six motions in advance of the meeting on issues relating to roads and road maintenance. The engineers normally have a written response to present at the meeting which is then discussed.
My motions for the October meeting are as follows:
- “That Cork County Council open and widen inlets on the L- 5522-17 road at Grange, Buttevant, and in particular at the bottom of the hill by Corry’s house where water continuously ponds”.
- “That Cork County Council update members of the progress made to improve the LT-132992-0 road at Clostogue, Shanballymore”.
- “That Cork County Council re-opens the drain at Horgan’s Hill, Lombardstown to allow surface wateroff the road and maintaining the recently improved surface”.
- “That Cork County Council repair potholes and open inlets on the L-5564 road, Doneraile”.
- “That Cork County Council repair the L-5321 road, Caherduggan, Mallow”.
- “That Cork County Council repair the L-53521-0 road at Ballysimon, Bweeng and update members on the long term plans for the restoration of this road”.