The September meeting of the Mallow Area Roads Committee of Cork County Council took place on Tuesday 11th September 2012 in the County Council Offices at Annabella, Mallow.
These meetings are held once a month, where the five councillors representing the Mallow Electoral Area and the Mayor of Mallow Town meet with the engineers that cover the Mallow Area Roads.
Councillors are entitled to submit a maximum of six motions in advance of the meeting on issues relating to roads and road maintenance. The engineers normally have a written response to present at the meeting which is then discussed.
My motions for the September meeting were as follows:
- “That Cork County Council open and widen inlets where necessary and repair potholes on the L-1215-0 road from Mourenabbey Creamery to the Ashe Tree Bar”.
- “That Cork County Council open and widen inlets where necessary and repair potholes on the L-5350 road at Scarragh, Glantane”.
- “That Cork County Council repair potholes on the L-5564-0 road in Doneraile and investigate how we can in the future, prevent surface water from the R581 coming on this road as it is a significant factor in its deteroriation at present”.
- “That Cork County Council repair potholes on the L-12112-0 road at Lackendarragh, Glantane”.
- “That Cork County Council repair L-5207-0 road from Lyre to Coolremore, Banteer and investigate how we can alleviate surface water entering this road from the top of this road into the future”.
- “That Cork County Council repair the L-5403 road at Ballymacmoy, Kilavullen and update members on the long term plans for the restoration of this road”.