The next meeting of the Mallow & Fermoy Area Committee is on next Tuesday (12th July 2011) in the County Council Offices at Annabella, Mallow.
These meetings are held once a month, where the nine councillors representing the Mallow & Fermoy Electoral Areas and the Mayors of Mallow & Fermoy Towns meet with the engineers that cover the Mallow & Fermoy Electoral Areas.
Councillors are entitled to submit a maximum of six motions in advance of the meeting on issues relating to services such as road maintenance, water services, wastewater services, housing etc. The engineers normally have a written response to present at the meeting which is then discussed.
My motions for the meeting next Tuesday are:
* “That Cork County Council removes or lowers the adjoining wall (on the Mallow side) of the junction at Ballygarrett, Killavullen in order to improve viewing access for the families using this road on a daily basis”.
* “That Cork County Council assists residents in Hammond Place, Dromahane to improve privacy to their homes following the removal of adjoining trees in recent weeks”.
* “That Cork County Council installs an individual water connection for residence at Lombardstown as it is currently working off a neighbouring households connection”.
* “That Cork County Council cleans the surface waters gully’s in the village of Bweeng as they are all currently blocked”.
* “That Cork County Council repairs the link road from Mourneabbey creamery to Dromore Hill, and it is considered for future restoration programmes”.
* “That Cork County Council repairs the road linking Benaskehy to Knockbrack, Burnfort (First road to the right after Benaskehy Pub heading towards Burnfort)”.