It is with great sadness we learn this morning of the untimely and sudden passing of our colleague in Cork County Council Cllr. Claire Cullinane, RIP.
Claire was a wonderful fun loving character and had a great love for her community, in particular Cobh and East Cork. Her stamp and energy, her good humour and positiveness are written all over the work she did as a local representative since her election in May 2014. Claire was well known for her stance on the side of the people, be it in developing the movement for democracy in Ireland, or in assisting people in need who are under pressure from banks and other financial institutions.
Cllr. Declan Hurley, Spokesperson for the Independent Grouping on Cork County Council said “we are all devastated with the news on Claire’s untimely passing. Claire had a great vision for the development of Cork County with a particular keen interest in her beautiful town of Cobh. She was a great advocate for the Tourism & Heritage potential that the “Great Island” of Cobh holds along with Cork Harbour. She will be an immense loss to us as colleagues and to her constituents in the Cobh Municipal District. I want offer my deepest sympathies to Claire’s family on her passing and offer our thoughts and prayers for Claire and her family during this sad time”.
The Independent Grouping in Cork County Council are:
- Cllr. Declan Hurley (West Cork Municipal District)
- Cllr. John Paul O’ Shea (Kanturk/Mallow Municipal District)
- Cllr.Marcia Dalton (Ballincollig/Carrigaline Municipal District)
- Cllr. Mary Linehan Foley (East Cork Municipal District)
- Cllr. Alan Coleman (Bandon/Kinsale Municipal District)
- Cllr. June Murphy (Fermoy Municipal District)
- Cllr. Ger Keohane (Cobh Municipal District)
- Cllr. Timmy Collins (Kanturk/Mallow Municipal District)
- Cllr. Kevin Conway Blarney/Macroom Municipal District)
- Cllr. Danny Collins (West Cork Municipal District)
- Cllr. Joe Harris (Ballincollig/Carrigaline Municipal District)
- Cllr. Claire Cullinane RIP (Cobh Municipal District)