Very good news this morning with the announcement of the NTA Approved Schemes 2022 in the Kanturk/Mallow Municipal District.
The following projects were approved;
• Upgrading of Footpaths in High Street Newmarket
• Avenue Demense, Newmarket — Upgrading of sections of the existing footpaths between Town Centre and James O’Keeffe.
• Knocknagree Village – Traffic Calming by National School
• Boherbue Village – Traffic Calming by National School
• Glantane Village – Widening of existing footpath along by GAA Complex
• Bweeng Village – Traffic Calming from Village to School
• Twopothouse – Traffic Calming on approach to School
• Grenagh – Traffic Calming
• Grenagh Village – Linking the footpath from the village to the GAA grounds
• Ballyclough Village – Extra traffic calming approaching the school
• Broad Street, Charleville – Replacement of existing footpath and Pedestrian Crossing
• Tullylease – Replacement and infill of gaps in the village
• Newtownshandrum – Traffic calming
• Park Road, Mallow – Replace and widen of the footpath
Total Approved Cost: €700,200
Well done to everyone who was involved in getting these projects over the line.