Cork County Council this week outlined a comprehensive programme to upgrade local and regional roads in the Mallow area during 2013. The programme which was presented at this week’s Mallow Area Roads meeting of the authority represents an injection of almost €2m in new road infrastructure for the area.
Local Independent Cllr. John Paul O’ Shea who is Vice Chairman of the Mallow Area Roads Committee welcomed the programme stating “This is a significant financial investment which will see a number of our roads improved over the coming year. These roads have been in very poor condition in recent years and this news will come as a great relief to all who travel these roads on a daily basis as these roads will now be greatly enhanced by these restoration works.
The local and regional roads that have been included for full restoration works this year are as follows:
- Ballybeg East to Ballybeg Middle, Twopothouse
- Boola Road, Bweeng
- Abbeyswell to Lackendarragh, Glantane
- Tooreen/Commons, Kilavullen
- Pendy’s Cross, Dromahane to Clashmorgan, Mourneabbey
- N20 to Gortnagraiga, Mallow
- Skenakilla, Castletownroche
- St. Joseph’s Road, Mallow
- Ballymacmoy to Ballynageehy, Killavullen
- Rahan to Knockananig
- Mountnagle to Caherduggan, Doneraile
- Gouldshill to Railway Bridge
- Buttevant to Ballyellis Cross
- Ballydaheen to Crushnasheela
Cllr. O’ Shea added “I know this will come as a great relief to all who travel these roads on a daily basis as these roads will now be greatly enhanced by these restoration works. Works will commence shortly in terms of ensuring the appropriate drainage is in place with full re-strengthening works being completed during the year”.