Changes to the Nursing Home Support Scheme also known as Fair Deal took effect from Wednesday 20th October 2021.
The main changes to the scheme are:
- The net proceeds of the sale of the family home are subject to the 3 year cap.
- The 3 year cap is extended to Farm and Business Assets
The changes may affect:
- a person in nursing home care who intends to sell their family home
- a person in nursing home care who has already sold their family home
- farmers or business owners availing of nursing home care under Fair Deal
No one receiving nursing home care will be negatively impacted by these changes.
More Information is available at https://www2.hse.ie/services/fair-deal-scheme/about-the-fair-deal-scheme.html