The Best in Cork Awards will celebrate the resilience and innovative nature of businesses in County Cork. They are free to enter and applications can be made by clicking the relevant category button below. The finalists will be chosen from across the county by an independent panel of judges.
There is a strong focus on sustainability across all award categories. A key consideration for the judges will be the measures businesses have introduced to save energy, reduce waste and become more environmentally conscious.
The awards will culminate with a gala ceremony at Vertigo, Cork County Hall on Thursday, January 25th when Mayor of the County of Cork, Cllr. Frank O’Flynn will announce the Mayor’s Best Overall Business.
The awards are divided into different categories:
- Best Start-Up (established within past 2 years)*
- Best Small Business (less than 10 staff)*
- Best Medium Size Business (less than 80 staff)*
- Best Large Business (over 80 staff)*
- Best Connection to Community
- Best Green Innovation (Business)
- Best Green Innovation (Tourism)
- Best Tourist Attraction (Free Admission)
- Best Tourist Attraction (Admission charge)
* indicates that these categories have a preliminary round of judging at Divisional level
The deadline for businesses to submit an application for Best Start-Up, Best Small, Best Medium and Best Large Business is 5.00 pm on Sunday, October 15th.
Entries for the remaining categories will be accepted until Sunday, November 12th.