The November meeting of the Mallow Area Roads Committee of Cork County Council will take place on Tuesday 13th November 2012 in the County Council Offices at Annabella, Mallow.
These meetings are held once a month, where the five councillors representing the Mallow Electoral Area and the Mayor of Mallow Town meet with the engineers that cover the Mallow Area Roads.
Councillors are entitled to submit a maximum of six motions in advance of the meeting on issues relating to roads and road maintenance. The engineers normally have a written response to present at the meeting which is then discussed.
My motions for the November meeting are as follows:
- “That Cork County Council improves the sightlines at O’ Dea’s Cross, Liscarroll”.
- “That Cork County Council open and widen inlets and repair the potholes on the L 1126 (Dan Dunne’s Bridge, Nadd to Ballybonnell) road”.
- “That Cork County Council remove the NDP sign which is on the R619 (Dromahane to Bweeng) road which is now obsolete”.
- “That Cork County Council provides road markings outlining a disabled car parking space for the resident of 24 Hammond Place, Dromahane who is confined to a wheelchair and needs a dedicated car space outside his house”.
- “That the Mallow Area Office liaises with the Blarney & Kanturk Area Offices in order to proceed with the re-lining and replacement of retroreflectors on the R579 road from Banteer to Cloghroe as this road is currently extremely dark and dangerous”.
- “That Cork County Council repairs the road between Glantane NS and Glantane village which has been damaged following the repairing of water mains in recent months (This includes repairing of large pothole outside the house of Michael & Neta Casey, Glantane)”.